Saturday, October 4, 2008

SHE DID IT! Heather runs the St. George Marathon


It's only the second time in it's 32 year history that the St. George Marathon had rain. Not only was it raining heavily, but they had a 20 mile an hour headwind. Heather held on to cross the finish line in 4:35 minutes. Not bad for a first timer. I don't think the rain bothered her as much as the other runners. As a swimmer, Heather has always been use to competing in the water! It was awesome to see her finish the race. The SG Marathon is in the top 10 marathons in the nation. There were 7,000 runners! WAY TO GO HEATHER!

3 comments:

mnhvance said...

I'm so impressed. Seriously. She has really motivated me. I think I'll go have a donut now.

Heather and Trevor said...

Oh mommy! You made me cry on the finish line and now with this post! Thank you for being there to support me! I love you! :)

truss said...

The only time I saw runners finishing the SGM I bawled my head off. I didn't know any of them. If I had been there to see Heather I KNOW I would have totally lost it! Way to go Heather! I love you.