Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fall In Southern Utah


So it's Autumn in Southern Utah. I remember Autumn in SLC. I especially remember as a child my Dad would want to drive up Little Cottonwood Canyon to see the leaves turn. He barely paid attention to keeping the car on the road because he was so involved in pointing out all of the waterfalls and the vivid fall colors. We usually drove up during LDS General Conference and had it playing on the radio. It was hard to focus on Conference for I was sure that we would veer off the road and plummet to our deaths from the cliffs and into the creek below. (I guess it's kinda like driving with someone who is texting while they are driving. Not a good combination) I still think about my Dad so much. Fall is just another reminder of the fun and wacky upbringing we had. My Autum in Southern Utah is quite different. We still have about 2 months of incredible summer-like weather. I'm still watering my flowers every day and the weather is perfect. This time of year is amazing here. This is a picture I took on Sunday from the yard looking toward Pine Valley Mountain.

1 comment:

Heather and Trevor said...

Your yard is so pretty! I love playing back there!