Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My Pretty Garden




I have had a pretty sucessful summer with my garden. It's really interesting getting to know what plants will last through the summer's heat. Some of the plants last all through the winter. It is really strange. I have a geranium that I brought from SLC 6 years ago that lasted throught 4 winters. We plant petunias in the fall. I had some petunias that made it through last winter which was abnormally cold for Southern Utah. Our seasons here are like up north except winter is pretty much eliminated. I wouldn't go back for all the poppies in China.....(sounds like something that Grandma Helen would say...but that's another post)

5 comments:

Dana said...

I have always been SO impressed with your garden! Even when we were little, your yard always looked great! I'm hoping that in the next couple of years I can make my yard look nice. Maybe you ccan help me choose what I plant...I love You!

Alesa said...

You really do have a lovely garden. Your hard work is definitly reflected. I remember planting with you in the section by the bench. Wow that really has become beautiful! I miss you!

Alesa said...

Your garden really is beautiful. Your hard work is definitly reflected. I remember planting with you in the section by the bench. Wow that really has grown beautifully! I miss you!

Heather and Trevor said...

It is so pretty in real life too! You should see my "dead" pot! I am so sorry but the plants died due to the random weather here! Love you mom!

Heather and Trevor said...

I love the new look of the blog! Keep it!!! I want some comments from you!!! :)